sisters trip . . . six days in heaven



where to start . . . 
spending this time with my sisters was just the boost i needed as a busy mother

it was the perfect get-a-way

. . .and to spend time just the three of us, has not happened in a very long time, probably since we were living at home together
 seattle is such a beautiful place, everything was so green and lush, with blossoms on the trees and flowers blooming everywhere . . . and to see the ocean - it was like paradise.  
while a snow storm raged at home on the prairies, timing - perfect!
 our time together consisted of eating out - panera bread was amazing!!
 i am definitely in love with fondi
 this is the beautiful ranch house that my sister calls home, where we stayed while visiting . . . it truly is a little piece of heaven, they have cows, goats, sheep, ducks, chickens and the most beautiful yard imaginable
 this is one of the beautiful harbors just minutes from their door - breathtaking.
looking for shells and sand dollars and taking in this view was one of my favorite afternoons of our trip
 the cheescake factory was incredible - the avocado roll appetizers we had were my ultimate fav!
 and shopping . . . .yes we did! $$$$$$$$ 
 on our last morning in Gig Harbor we ate at this amazing cafe right on the harbor.  
the eggs benedict were to die for and the view spectacular


goodbye seattle
there were definitely some sleepless nights while in Seattle, but these were the best kind of sleepless . . . . the ones where you are lying awake talking to dear sisters til all hours of the morning.  this was a trip i will always cherish.  
i love you jenny anne and sarah and sweet baby emery
my life is so blessed because i have sisters.

 doing the chores
 my heart is full and i am so grateful to my little sis for her generous & loving heart.  jenny and i  were truly pampered and treated like queens  - dinners, spa day, including my first ever facial, loved every minute!  



we had amazing moments together that i will never forget

~we were called charly's angels one day while walking through the mall together, we laughed and laughed and got our strut on!!

~we met a really amazing girl, of all places, while looking for MAC makeup in Nordstroms.  we visited and got to know a little bit about her and later that night in a really inspired moment realized we should give her a book of mormon.  the next day it all worked out so well and we met up with the missionaries to get a book of mormon and headed back to the mall to share a precious gift.  
it was truly an incredible experience.

~ going to church and meeting all the good people that adore my little sis was so fun, especially the youth. sarah and scott have really made a difference in their ward and the young people just flock to them. we kind of felt like celebrities as we walked in and all eyes were on us because of how much we look alike.  a couple of young women turned and waved at me, and then looked away confused as they saw Sarah sitting beside me. hahahaha.

~we met two amazing young women, true DIMONDS (H &T).  we loved them instantly and had so much fun singing and laughing together (you know who you are)  

~ scott was gone to montana so we had the house to ourselves and that meant chore duty was up to us girls.  it was so fun going out together in our "gum boots" and chore coats and working together.
a huge thank you to scott for letting your wife stay behind and play with us. you were so good to us and we love and appreciate all that you do for our little sis, and the beautiful, happy life you've created together in "probst paradise."  

can't wait to see you all in july


e

Comments

Sarah said…
Love this Em! It was a hard trip to beat Eh ?! I hope we can do it every year.. I would love it. I read Scott the thank you. He enjoyed it :)
Love you!
Wendi said…
Awe, that is so sweet Emily. And fun to read about your adventures together, definitely should become an annual thing I think!
You girls are very near and dear in my heart and it swells my heart with joy to see what beautiful righteous women you've grown up to be. You are all amazing! <3
Anonymous said…
Hi! This is so random, please don't think I'm crazy! Jenny was my companion in the MTC. I'm TERRIBLE at staying in touch, so we lost contact. Maybe she doesn't mind, but i'd love to catch up with her and hear about her life! I just googled her name and this popped up! Let me know if there's a way we can exchange info without broadcasting it to the world! :) Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!