Christmas Memories - Part 1








Our Christmas was filled with w o n d e r!
*we decorated and baked gingerbread men for our beautiful Christmas tree. It smelled so good at our house . . . i love the smells of Christmas.
*we skated on the pond and played hockey (a definite favorite for Will)
even Emma started skating this year
*we made gingerbread houses with the Peterson family, we had so much fun together.
*we went to the most darling Christmas concert I have EVER seen (and I've seen a few in my day), it was called Slap Shot Santa!
*we had time with family and extended family, to re-connect and just be together!

It seems that Christmas came and went so fast this year. I can hardly believe that January is almost over. Life is so busy, I am not the blogger I would like to be. I wish I could give it more time, but for right now I feel like many of the ESSENTIAL things in my life take precedence.

My Essential just means those things that are essential for my SALVATION. It seems that is what my focus has been this year, not a list of resolutions to keep, but a desire to keep a better balance in my life of the things that are:
ESSENTIAL
NECESSARY
AND NICE TO DO.

The inspiration came from listening to a this talk on BYU TV by JULIE B. BECK.
I love her
I needed to hear her words
She is my hero! I desire to be a women of faith like her, even a LIONESS AT THE GATE!
Listen to it, you will be strengthened and better for it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Comments

ABDO said…
new year-new picture for the blog (your family pics turned out SO great), new focus! Thanks for the inspiration. Everyone needs a little of that now and then Thankfully, heaven is not just for good bloggers (I'd never get in!). You are doing the essential and necessary: wifing, mothering, friend-ing... Thanks
Sarah said…
Love the new pic and background Em! I need to listen to that talk I think! Sounds like a great one. I agree with what was already said........ you are a rock and always an example of what really is important. Love yA!
Thomas Family said…
Emily, I LOVED that talk by Sister Beck. Thank you so much for the link. It was just what I need to hear. :) Thanks for being such a great example. I love your blog and your beautiful family!
Jennyanne said…
I just love that picture of your little family!! Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!