Down. Set. Hut. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL

It is hard to believe that I have a 10 year old.
Will celebrated his birthday this year with a FOOTBALL themed party

We sent out invitations:

Come join us on the 50 yard hash

it’s gonna be a great big Birthday Bash!

For Will Boehme, he’s turning 10 soon

And wants to play football Saturday afternoon!

Too many presents make Will go looney!

Instead if you could, please bring a Tooney

Saturday October 30th

1-4 p.m.

Dress for the weather and bring a football if your game!!


I made a cake!

And then the greatest part about this party was that COACH Brian took it from there!! Brian loves the game of football and so he ran a really fun camp for the boys all afternoon. Will invited about 25 boys and 17 came. The weather was great and the boys had so much fun learning some skills and just having fun doing what boys do best, PLAY HARD!

Will's good buddy, Parks Hirsche letting Coach Brian demonstrate a good tackle!! What a sport!
Here are the boys. Tired, happy and ready for cake!

I thought the cake turned out well, and Will loved it! It was a really fun Saturday afternoon celebrating our BIG man Will. We love you so much Will and are so proud of you!

(On the night of Will's actual birthday we took him out for a special date just with Mom and Dad. We had such a nice time together. We gave him his present, an iPod and he said this was his best birthday EVER! We had such a nice time just being with him. We went to the FIRESTONE GRILL and they were so kind to open the patio just for us, heated and all! Will was impressed with the open fire torches lighting the room and the neat reflection pool/waterfall. We had the BIG TALK with him and were impressed with his maturity. That discussion is always intense, but he handled everything so well. We came away from that night feeling so glad that as parents if we are in tune we can choose the right moments in a child's life to teach when they are ready to hear. I love the challenges of being a parent and how with the Lord's help we can grow to be the parents he needs us to be for each unique and special child placed in our home)

Comments

Sarah said…
What is the big talk anyway? ;) Looks like it was an awesome day for Will. I love the cake! Cute idea! I can't imagine having a 10 year old...... or giving him the talk!
I'm going to show Kael all these pics of his ten year old cuz......
merideth said…
you are so awesome.
Jennyanne said…
Great idea for a ten year celebration. Beau had SO much fun! Your cake turned out great!
ABDO said…
What a great party idea! Genius! Amazing cake maker. So fun to see you the other night. Yes, I'd love to borrow "the book" you have. And as for Jon S, you and Will are welcome to come any time! I wish I'd known sooner-if only I was a better blogger and told of things to come instead of things past!
sharon said…
Emily - nice cake- you are the talented party Mom - where ever did you learn that??
Will - congratulations on your 10th birthday - your the oldest and wisest grandchild and we love you.
houseofhud said…
What a fun day! I can't believe you have a 10-year-old either. How have things been? I need your address for a Christmas card...yes I actually got around to one this year. E-mail me your address...if you still have my dmail address.
Jake and Megan said…
Wow! Can't believe Will is 10!!! He is such a cute & nice boy. Btw I need your address. I want to send you a christmas card. send it to my e-mail jjmmerickson@yahoo.com

Popular posts from this blog

surprise!