A New Tradition

i read Nie Nie

in a recent post she shared a tradition with the world that
i just loved.
every year before school starts she puts on a back to school feast. she makes a delicious meal, picks a theme to inspire her children for the school year and makes a crown to honor each of her children. Isn't she amazing?

well i decided this was a tradition that I wanted to implement in my family.
i really tried to make it my own.
we had a wonderful feast

on the menu:
*pork baby back ribs
*corn on the cob
*twice baked potatoes
*garden sauted vegetables
*pomegranate raspberry beverage











i tried to also decorate in primary colors, red, yellow(gold) and blue.
we had a nice meal and talked about our theme for the school year and the children's goals.
it was such a success.
instead of crowns I made each child a ribbon to wear and personalized their place setting at the table.

the flowers on the table are a very special arrangement.
they are from the casket of my Grandpa Baker whose funeral was the day before on August 28th.

this idea was definitely tradition worthy
thanks
nie nie

Back to School pictures to come. . . . . .



Comments

Sarah said…
looks delicious Em! I thought those flowers looked familiar. so beautiful. I think I may steal this idea next year when my boys are older and will appreciate it. great job! stephanie is an inspired women.
ABDO said…
What a good mommy and the food sounds/looks yummy! I think it's a great tradition, too. too bad that the night before we are usually running around like crazy still trying to put together the school supplies. Maybe we'll strive for better planning next year so we can do this too!
houseofhud said…
You are so cute. And a WONDERFUL mom. Your kids are so lucky to have you as their mom!

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!