I AM THE LUCKIEST


11 years ago a very special man took me to a very special place.
~ and in these 11 years we have labored to build our eternal family, now 7 strong, we feel so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for temple ordinances, for millions of moments together and for each child that has brought such lasting joy and perspective to our lives ~
Will maddison Ethan emma Seth

My memories of this day are so clear, even eleven years later. I remember missing so much my DEAREST sister JennyAnne who less than one year earlier had introduced me to the man I would marry, on a blind date if you can believe it! Sisters are truly one of lives greatest GIFTS, and I feel so grateful that I have a sister that knew me so totally and completely that she thought Brian and I would be a good match. I remember the timing of our first date and wondered if I was doing the right thing, I was kind of on the rebound!!! But Jenny knew, to this day I'm not sure how, but I am eternally grateful for the man that came into my life, because of her.

His goodness changed it forever!

I remember feeling like time stood still, and all that I could see was Brian and I and our eternal lives together. I remember the incredible promises of our Temple Sealing.I remember feeling awe and gratitude that we could become all those things, even exalted Kings and Queens.

AND BRIAN has always treated me like his QUEEN, and he has kept his promises:

to make me laugh every day
to lift me up
to kiss me goodbye, or goodnight, or even hello!
to respect and cherish
to love and serve (endlessly)
to continually court (you should see the beautiful iguana roses i found with a love note on the kitchen table this morning)
to provide for our family ( you work so hard Brian and I love you for your passion for what you do, you are truly an expert in your field)
to work by my side, as equal partners ( i am the luckiest girl for this reason, there is nothing that he won't do around the house or in helping me with the children)
to protect and watch over our little flock with tenderness (and I don't mean our chickens)
to multiply and replenish the earth (some would say we have taken this one a little too seriously, hehe!)
to be my biggest fan and support
to honor his priesthood and role as husband and father
to become 1 ( one in purpose, one in unity, one flesh)
to be c l e a n, in mind and thought
to share his life with me through good times and bad, my sickness and his health!
(i know that is not quite how the saying goes, but truly i am the one that is always sick and Brian never catches a thing, maybe as we get older he'll pass on some of his immunity to me!)
to take me to the temple
to take my hand in his on Sunday walks
to sing to me (making my dreams come true)
to pray with me each night before bed
TO GROW OLD WITH ME

Brian sang "Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler on our wedding day, below are the lyrics. I still melt when I think about him singing it to me, it was P E R F E C T. He is perfect for me. These past 11 years have been so wonderful, not that they have been perfect, but through it all we have grown closer in ways I never imagined possible. Marriage is truly a equal partnership and I feel so lucky to have such a g o o d m a n to spend eternity with. I AM THE LUCKIEST !

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much
time to think
Oh I could be the man, who grows old with you
I'm gonna grow old with you

5.07.1999





Comments

ABDO said…
What a touching post. One day your kids will really understand it, but for now it's great that they see it in action! You are pretty amazing, too, Em. I'm glad you and Bri have each other. Happy Anniversary.
Blackburn5 said…
So cute. It goes so fast. I was just looking at your dress and it is very similar to mine. I guess that was the style then, but I loved it. Heavenly Father truly knows us and blesses us. THank you for the continual reminder through your blog.
Jenni said…
How totally beautiful! I LOVED reading this....I am so happy that there is that kind of love out there, and that I finally found it! :) Happy Anniversary you 2 love birds....hope it is a geat one! :)
PS--my new family blog is thestoryofusx8.blogspot.com if you didn't know....since i don't post on my private one anymore. HUGS!!!
Oler Family said…
sooo cute emily. i remember your reception like it was yesterday! happy anniversary. you are a very sweet couple!

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!