April Showers


A P R I L
has been a busy month.
e a s t e r
AND
t w o special b i r t h d a y s

it is the cutest thing in the world to hear the pitter patter of little feet coming toward me and to look up and see my baby, my little man, walking around the house, truly enjoying the freedom of his new accomplishment. what is it that is so adorable about a little person when they are learning to walk? could it be that is is one of those milestones that immediately changes the way that you look at your child, like watching them with new eyes, experiencing true joy as they grow and become a little stronger a little smarter . . . . . a little more independent?

i once heard a quote that i can't remember perfectly but it went something like this, " You know you've succeeded as a parent when your children don't need you anymore." In all that we do we are teaching, guiding and hopefully inspiring our children to find their own wings, to see all that is good within, and to learn how to govern themselves. Yet as a Mother sometimes it seems that in those very moments when i know i have succeeded because my child doesn't need me as much, or at all, my "mother" heart aches because of how much i will miss being "needed."

Just as the rain as fallen in a steady shower for the past 2 days,

M O T H E R H O O D has showered me with true
J O Y. This life of service to my sweet children and my husband leaves me so utterly and completely tired most days, and yet somehow in all the love, sweat and tears i am filled . . . it is like this is what my soul was eternally made to do. i know this is what makes us as daughters of God, the Lord's secret weapon. i am so grateful for the knowledge i have of who i am, and always have been, and for the desire i have to become what the Lord wants me to be.
The s h o w e r of love and light I feel from my Savior gives me hope that with his help I can become the mother, daughter, sister, friend and wife that he needs me to be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!