Bread Day




As you can see by my countdown I don't have much time left until I will have a sweet little baby in my arms. I am so excited to meet this precious little one, boy or girl. I have been feeling like it will be a girl, and Brian is pretty confident it is a boy.....to say the least we are a house divided! All the girls voting GIRL and all the boys voting BOY!

All my other babies were born at either 38 or 39 weeks so it could be anytime really.

So....

today I decided to be ambitious and have a bread day. A friend of mine shared a new bread recipe with me and as most of you know I LOVE MAKING HOMEMADE BREAD, no store bought bread in this country house! And so today I decided to make a big batch to hopefully last until I have this baby. My friend even shared a secret on how to make BAGELS. Mmmmmm, they are so delicious.

I think my favorite part about making bread is watching my kids come home from school on bread day and hearing....."Mommy it smells so good," "You made bread today Mom," "Oh Mom, I just love homemade bread." Then, pulling out the butter, honey, jam or peanut butter, gathering my sweet children around and enjoying a healthy, delicious afterschool snack together.

I hope long after they are grown they will remember these moments we shared together and when the sweet aroma of homemade bread fills a room, I hope it will fill their minds with memories of hOME.




Comments

pjwog said…
Looks awesome! We love homemade bread too. We eat at least a whole loaf right out of the oven, oh well that's when it's the tastiest!!! Good luck with this next little one...
Jake and Megan said…
Wow! Your pregnancy went sooooo fast!(for me anyway) I am so excited to hear if it a boy or girl. We also love homemade bread at our house. The only part my kids hate is when I grind the wheat!(way too loud)
How is life anyway in canada for you? I love the pics of Maddy! She is just so cute!
If it is a good recipe, will you share it on your blog? It looked whole wheat. I really need a good whole wheat recipe. I can't wait to see pictures of the new little Boehme!
Sarah said…
Why does bread make me miss you??!!! I'm not going to lie....... I miss your whole wheat bread too:) You are one motivated-hardworking-homemaking-country livin'-prego MAMA!! You just never slow down do ya woman. I love you and hope your feeling well and getting ready for Boehme baby # 5.
Blackburn5 said…
you have 12 days i have 12 weeks.. it's almost equal. Sounds like your nesting bug is kicking in. I have started early, but I figure if I buy diapers and wipes here and there I'll have enough to last the first week. How exciting can't wait to hear what it is.
Chelsea said…
Emily, I found you guys via the Dalleys...what a fun surprise. Your fam looks like you are all doing well. congrats on the new baby and good luck with everything. I would love to catch up with you guys. Lot has happened since life in our chubbuck apartment. Our email is chelseaeaton@gmail.com drop me a line when you can.

Chelsea
houseofhud said…
Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see pictures of the little one!
Oler Family said…
Yumm! I love home made bread! I can't believe that you could have your baby any time now! Good luck Emily! I can't wait to see some pictures!!
Life Is Golden said…
I would totally be over ever day... seriously.
merideth said…
please share this bread recipe... i too love homemade bread. i hate store bought bread.
good luck with your new little baby. can't wait to see pics and hear the name.
i will be thinking of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!