# 5 boy or girl?

SO. . .many of you out there already know our good news about bAbY#5!

I feel badly that I haven't dedicated a post yet to this new life growing inside of me! I think sometimes life just takes over and things get so busy! For all who are wondering, we are finally getting settled here in Lethbridge. We love this beautiful City and look forward to raising our family here close to grandparents, cousins and Aunts and Uncles.

We found out we were pregnant right before our big move from Idaho and so we shared with dear friends there VERY EARLY.....our good news! Some would call me crazy, but I wanted to tell them in person and see the excitment in their eyes. How I miss my dear friends from Idaho! So to say that our move was exhausting is kind of an understatment because I was also pregnant and not feeling 100%!

But as things have settled down here, and we got the TWIN scare out of the way, I have loved all the changes that come with pregnancy! About a month ago I started feeling movement and it makes me feel so excited to meet this little one preparing to join our growing ARMY! I truly feel blessed to have the privilege of bearing children, they truly are the joy of my life. I also am so blessed to have the most wonderful husband who is always asking..."What do you need, what can I do, how are you feeling?" He is so considerate and kind and I feel so blessed to be married to such a good man!

When I had my first ultrasound a few weeks ago I got so emotional when I saw this little baby, as healthy as can be, wiggling around, sucking his/her fingers and so very alive inside me! A tear trickled down my cheek as I truly felt blessed for this great thing in our lives....another child to love and care for. I am sure I also shed a tear of joy because there was only ONE baby, no twins for me! The ultrasound confirmed that my dates were a little bit off and the technician said that the DR would probably bump my due date up a little...which is always good news. So they changed my due date from the 10th of April to the 1st! Of course I am speculating then that I could maybe have the baby the end of March sometime....but I have learned that wishing and hoping don't amount to much when you are 2 days away from your due date! That is the closest I have got to a due date so time will tell!

So I am once again trying to get used to pants that never stay up, bras that never quite fit, skin that is itchy, sore achy joints, restless nights and of course the frequent, long walks to the bathroom (where we are living now the bathroom is at the other end of a very big basement!) . But through it all I feel blessed. I love the little voices trying to talk to the newbaby, little hands wanting to touch my belly, waiting patiently for those little hands to feel a kick or sensation of life.

. . .So here we go again, just as I've got my sweet little Emma potty trained.....bring on the diapers and sleepless nights cause I'm having BABY # 5 and ready to do it all, all over again!

Oh and just for the record....this one is going to be a SURPRISE, we didn't find out if it is a boy or a girl! Ethan thinks it is all pretty "matter of fact" that it will be a BOY because of our order! What do you think?



Comments

merideth said…
wow so exciting...another cute baby for you!!
i don't know if i could do a #5...wade says no way. congrats and hope you are feeling good.
Sarah said…
I guess it's a girl..... just to throw off the perdictable pattern a little. Then Jade would have a little friend cuz close to her age! But either way we are excited for you and this new little addition!
K Lind said…
That is great! I'm so happy for you!
Jake and Megan said…
I am so excited for you to have #5 You are such a great mom! We miss you guys, but so glad that you are by family and enjoying life.
Micah and Jen said…
I am so excited for you! And no twins....you are missing out! :) Glad that things are going so well and I think it's a boy too....how fun would that be?
ang said…
congrats on only 1 that is always good news. on the other hand if were 2 that would be one less time that you had to be pregnant. I see the ups and downs of both. I am happy for you both. where is Brian working now.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations. We are very happy for you. It is good to hear that things are going well. It is also good to have another voice out there extolling the virtues of motherhood.
Teresa said…
EMILY!!!!! I found you through my friends blog and I about died I was so excited!! I am so happy that you guys are having another baby. I miss you and think about you guys all the time. You need to email me ok?
teresa_tolman@hotmail.com
love and hugs!!!
pjwog said…
congrats!! that is so exciting. You are very blessed, happy, healthy kids, what more can one ask for? I am guessing girl..it's the year for girls i think.

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!