the reflections of my heart---on my birthday

This past weekend was such a spiritual feast as I and many of my family and friends of my faith had the opportunity to watch and listen to THE 178TH GENERAL CONFERENCE OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. What a special opportunity we had to hear a prophet of God speak to us, teach us and express his love and encouragment. President Thomas S. Monson is so dear to all church members, we respect and love him as God's servant upon the earth. As I watched I couldn't help but ponder the churches humble beginnings 178 years ago as Joseph Smith and a handful of saints organized the church in its fulness on the earth once again!
How grateful I feel to the Prophet Joseph for his leadership and for his example of faith and obedience to a loving Father in Heaven, and for giving his life for this great work! I love the words he spoke.."Shall we not go forward in so GREAT A CAUSE." And forward this church has gone, it has grown as Joseph prophecied and become a great force for good in the world. I FEEL SO HUMBLED AND BLESSED TO BE A PART OF THIS GREAT WORK. I know that as I live as I have been taught that I will be able to do my part, no matter how small or how great. I have a testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God the Father and his son Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith when he was just a boy. That he received specific instruction to join none of the churches but that God had a great work for him to do, even in establishing the true church on the earth once again. I testify that Joseph saw and conversed with angels. To so many this seems impossible, but I know that with God nothing is impossible. And that he loves his children enough to give them truth, light and knowledge.....if we but ask in faith.

I testify that the Book of Mormon was translated by the power of God, as I read it's pages the holy spirit fills my heart and I know that it is of God and not of man. I thank a loving Heavenly Father for preparing a young boy to be such a magnificent instrument in bringing forth all the fruits of the restoration. The Book of Mormon, the priesthood restored to the earth, temple ordinances, the organization of the church of God on the earth with the truth of revelation to his servants the prophets, and the organization of the Relief Society, and so many more fundamental principles and doctrines that have blessed my life and brought me joy!

Today I am 30! And it is my tesimony of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that has made me who I am. How truly blessed I am to know that what I am doing every day matters, as a wife and Mother! I understand that in this great work mothers are the Lord's secret weapon. I have days that are discouraging and yet when I look at my beautiful children I begin to understand the breadth and depth of my Heavenly Fathers love for me. I am his daughter and because I have that knowledge I know that I can do "ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST, WHO STRENGTHENS ME!"

Today as I am one year older, I give thanks for the many privileges I enjoy as a daughter of God, as a wife and mother. God's sacred trust and confidence in me is the greatest gift!

Comments

Erin said…
Happy, Happy birthday to you!!! What a beautiful post! How are you doing? Did you get my email?
Jennyanne said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! In my opinion 30 is a monumental accomplishment- especially for all you have to show for it!
Hope you have a great birthday!
Jake and Megan said…
Happy Birthday Emily! 30 is a great age. (it is only a number right?) Will will be 8 soon. How exciting!
Micah and Jen said…
Happy Birthday! How are you guys? WE miss seeing you and your cute kiddos....thank goodness for blogging! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!