~A much needed visit~

One fine Sunday afternoon...we went and visited my Grandparents who are living in Raymond, AB about a 20 minute drive from where we live. My grandparents are so fun and full of life and they make me want to live every day to the fullest! Speaking of longevity my Grampa Williams will be 99 this December, just look at him doesn't he look awesome. Grama has always been a firecracker and I love spending time with her, she is 84 and looking amazing too!

It brings me such joy to be close to family again and to be able to share in these wonderful relationships with Grandparents! What an important role they have played in my life, I love them so much.

Grama shared an experience about her conversion to the church with us while we were there that Dad hadn't ever heard before, I thought it would be fun to record it for family to read.

As my Mom and I asked Grama when she joined the church she told us it wasn't until after her and Grampa were married and they had a few children. I asked her to tell us about her conversion, she said, " A bishop (I can't remember his name) was visiting with her and asked her specifically 'Doris, when are you going to be baptized', she replied, 'Bishop I don't think I'm good enough to be a member of your church.' The good Bishop continued and said, ' Doris you were a member of this church before you came to earth and you need to be baptized!'" She was baptized a short while later.

I thought this was such a neat story. I love my Grandparents and we had such a wonderful visit! The kids couldn't get enough of all her little trinkets and of course the chocolate and candies she had for them. FAMILY IS EVERYTHING


my Dad with his parents

the whole CREW

just look at those two love birds!
a truly cherished moment for me!

Comments

Sarah said…
Emily you are gorgeous and glowing in these pictures!
It is so great to see pictures of G & G, and it always amazes me how wonderful they look! I wish I could have visits like this more often!! They are so golden aren't they. I love you, especially your adorable hair....and shirt I must add. miss you. I can't believe Will is 8 today!! Wow.
Life Is Golden said…
So fun... wish we could have been there with you guys!
Oler Family said…
That is such a neat story about your Grama's conversion to the church. They both sound like amazing people!
I agree with your comment about family being everything. I am so happy that you are back in Canada and close to your family. You look great Emily. What a great conversion story...sometimes its so good to hear conversions stories, and it makes us appreciate that gospel that much more. Happy birthday to Will from us all!! Take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!