FATHER'S DAY TRIBUTE

Today is a day to celebrate the wonderful Fathers in our lives! What would the world be like without Fathers? Well, we know it wouldn't BE! Without the love of a Father, our eternal Heavenly Father, ALL KNOWING, ALL POWERFUL we simply would not have life as we know it now! It is pondering this great blessing given to each of us, that I wish to share a few words about the dear Father's in my life!

The one on which I first layed big blue eyes on almost 30 years ago, was my DAD, and oh, what a lucky girl I was to be born into his home. I know I was a bright, bubbly, happy little girl because I had a Dad who believed in me, encouraged me and took my hand in his. . . and taught me. Thanks for always answering my questions, WHY??? Anyone who knows my Dad, knows that he loves children. I have always felt the constancy of his love.
Oft times when he has come to visit us here in Idaho I have had ward members approach me and tell me how truly wonderful my Dad is, because he spent the entire time in the nursery with my two youngest kids, but loved all the children the same and made them each feel special.

I love you Dad, you have truly, always been a constant force for good in my life. I love our late night talks about the gospel, I appreciate how you are always trying to help me see, feel and do more, to be my very best. Thank you for all that you have taught me, for living the principles you taught, and being such a wonderful example in my life. You have always been there cheering me on, through every game, trial or accomplishment. Thank you!
I have loved to watch you with my children, they look at you the same way I did as a little girl and it brings such joy to my heart to watch "Grampa Dave" in action. Happy Fathers Day DAD! I love you, and appreciate you more and more as the years go by.

I also want the world to know how much I love my Father-in-Law! I am so lucky to have married into the most wonderful family. To tell the truth I don't feel like they are in-laws at all! I really feel like they are second parents.....what a blessing! As I have watched, over the past 9 years this little man, with HUGE spirit, in action, I am in awe of his faith, obedience and love for the Lord. I have relied on his strength for blessings and advice, and really just love sitting down to a good game of rook to learn from him. He is wise beyond his years and blesses so many around him. I watched him serve his community as a Physician while I was privileged to work with him, and he touched so many lives and helped so many, not just with physical ailments--he also took care of their spirits! I love you Dad Boehme and want to thank you for being such a ROCK, a solid foundation that your children can rely on and can look to for love, support and a righteous example. THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO! I love you.

How blessed I have also been all my life to have Grandfather's who have been such incredible role models of righteous men of God. To them I always knew I could turn for advice or counsel, or for a big HUG! I am grateful to two dear Grandfather's, for the love and concern you have shown for me, your grand-daughter. Your influence has helped shape me into who I am today. I love you and can't wait to live closer to see you more often. Happy Father's Day!

And now to my MAN who I married 9 years ago, the father of my children the man I feel so BLESSED every day to have in my life. I remember back to our first date, that blind and blissful date in the beautiful country of Mountain View, AB. The beauty that surrounded us was breathtaking and yet I think in so many ways it was only foreshadowing what was to come of our lives together. I knew there was something so special in our connection, something I had never felt before. I loved the way you looked at me, the way I just felt safe with you, the way you looked on that stallion you were riding, and I must admit, you looked good in those tight pants! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel overwhelming gratitude that we made the choice to share eternal lives together. . . .
and the rest is history,
But oh what a history it has been these past 9 years together! As I've watched you become the Father of our children my love for you has truly grown. Our Stake President was right when he said in our last interview before we were married that we "Really didn't know what love was!" I couldn't admit it then, but now I see clearly that until love is tried it is difficult to prove its worth. But our love has been tried as we have grown together and as we have brought these 4 beautiful children into the world, it is like the world has become NEW through their eyes! I love that we are a team, that we work together to teach and train as best we can these precious souls. Each of our little players gets to try to find his/her position, the one that suits them best, but each one gets equal playing time and together we get to watch them win games and succeed and also lose and fall at times. What a journey to share together, striving to raise a righteous family
What a blessing you are in my life Brian.
I love you more every day.
I appreciate you so much and as I looked back through all our pictures I realized even more how blessed the children and I are to have you in our lives.
YOU MAKE EVERY DAY FUN and full of laughter.
Thanks for keeping your promise to make me laugh, every day!
Thanks for working so hard to provide for us, and for being so talented at what you do.
I know I really have no way to comprehend the lives you are changing and impacting for good as you help them recover from injury, but I love you for your passion for Physiotherapy! I love that when you come home from work every day you feel happy, like you've made a difference in someones life.
To me, all the debt from education is worth it if you have a happy husband who loves his job.

Thank you for being patient with me, for loving me as I am, even if that means staying up with me all night before my triathlon, just because I couldn't sleep. I think it is those little acts of self-lessness that you show me that make me realize how much more I want to be like you. Thank you for your endless amounts of energy and the way you play so HARD with the kids, they love you for it! I love to watch you wrestle with Will and Ethan and also be tender and sweet while reading to Maddison and Emma! I feel so blessed to have you babe, I love you and yes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .I am the LUCKIEST!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY BRIAN
I love you



Hey there DR. BOEHME! We were so proud of you that day!


THE HANDSOME MEN IN MY LIFE

...every day, every moment with you gets BETTER!


Only the best Dads have overnight camp outs in the back yard!


For all the times that you take over and help with the kids so I can make birthday cakes, pinatas, dinner, crafts, sewing projects, do church work, play ball.....or train for a TRIATHLON!

Thanks for all you do!

Hey handsome!

You are our children's HERO

For being so athletic and sporty that you still BARE FOOT, doc-start style! I love this picture!





Thanks for all the memories!


For just being You! I love you!


For playing HARD AND LONGER than any other adult I know! Our kids are so lucky!


You are such a great teacher and example!


Our girls adore you!


I adore you!


Our trip to Florida in 2005, we had so much fun just the two of us!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY Brian, I LOVE YOU!

Comments

Micah and Jen said…
What a beautiful tribute to the Dad's in your life! Thanks for sharing! :)
Em, that was such a lovely commentary on all the men in your life - I don't think anyone could have said it better! I echo many of your sentiments about my fathers!
Jadi

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!