Rewind ...to SUMMER HIGHLIGHTS!

All of us at the MTC!

July 21st, 2007



We went home to Canada to celebrate with Scott and Melissa on their special day. It was a wonderful weekend spent with family and watching this beautiful couple unite their love and lives in the beautiful Cardston Alberta Temple! For the Reception Brian played the guitar while I sang a song I wrote for them to the tune of "Teardrops on my guitar" by Taylor Swift. I'll try to post the words....it was a really fun wedding song, we hoped they enjoyed it as much as Brian and I did performing it! We are beginning to be real "Wedding Singers" I can't even count how many weddings we have sung at!

Here are the lyrics! Try to sing along if you want!

One Good Love (the new title)

Mell looks at me, I flash a smile so she might see
That I want and I'm need'in, everything that we could be
I think she's beautiful, that girl they talk about
She's got everything, that I just can't live without

Scott talks to me, I laugh cause he's just so funny
And I can't even see, anyone when he's with me
He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

Chorus:
He's the reason for the joy I felt from the start
The only one that makes me smile, ev-en when we're apart
He's the song in the car, I keep singing, I think I love you!

(Added verse3)
Scott danced with me, I laughed cause he had no technique
But that smile and perftect ease.. left me without words to speak.
I think I'll tell him what, I'm feeling in my heart
We're past the second date...Mom says that's a real good start

(Added verse 4)
Mell looks thru me, my hearts a book that she can read
This way that I feel, is all cause she believes in me
She looks so beautiful, I just might steal a kiss
Under the Mistletoe, how could I ever miss

Chorus:
She's the reason for the change washin over me
Somethin's different now, I think she's finally helped me see
One good love when it's true is worth giving a-l-l my heart too.

Mell walks by me, can she tell that I can't breath?
And there she goes...so perfectly!
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
I'm gonna hold her tight, give her all my love
Look in those beautiful eyes, and know I'm lucky cause....

CHORUS:
She's the reason for the change washin over me
Somethin's different now, I think she's finally helped me see
One good love, when it's true, is worth giving a-l-l my heart too
interlude (just Brian)
So I drive home alone, as I turn off the light
I'll put this ring down
And maybe get some sleep tonight...

ALTERNATE CHORUS:
Cause she's the reason for the love I felt from the start
The only one whose got enough of me to take my heart
One good love, when it's true is worth giving a-l-l my heart too!
It's the time taken up, and there never enough
and your all that I need to fall into.
You look at me.....I think I see e-t-e-r-n-i-t-y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home sweet Home...the land that I love!